Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

K-pop Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxDlfoNnnuw

This is a version os Trap I made because I want to sing it like this for a school talent show. Since the video is unlisted, this post is the only way to get to it. The song is the English version until after the high notes part where it turns into the Korean version. I wanted to sing it in English because I go to a school where there aren't many Asian students or people that would know of k-pop, particularly this song. But I still wanted there to be some Korean in it to show to people (or educate them a bit) on Korean music and the language.

Recently 2NE1's "I am the best" was bleeped out on a radio station in Boston (Massachusetts, USA) because of the similarities between "naega" (I in Korean) and the negative rude word that should never be used that is associated with dark skinned people (specifically people from African descent). I find this really silly because it's another language and it's simply wrong to do this because it means something completely different. They also didn't bleep out every time their said the word. I believe it was just in the chorus meaning that the song turned from "I am the best" to "Am the best" which makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment